So the day is here, I am starting my blog. I thought I would never do this because I didn’t think it was in my blood. Nevertheless, the inner teacher has come out and as of today I am turning over a new leaf! I am walking with my head held high and my muscles flexed (hehehe) into the cyber world of blogging.
Every day I drive around metro Atlanta to and from clients, running errands, or picking up the kids. My car is easy to spot because of the big Strength in Moms sticker in the window. The window sticker usually draws a look or two from fellow atlantans stuck in the same traffic, but it is my work shirts that seems to get the most attention! I get stopped to ask what Strength in Moms is or I get told that they love my shirt and I then get a “you go girl” as they walk away. I love to chat with these women because I love to explain what being a Strong and Fit Mom really is…
* It is a woman who wakes up early in the morning to get the kids ready for school and stays up late trying to fold laundry.
* It is a woman who walked around for 9+ months with a baby (or 2) inside of her in the sweltering heat and humidity of Georgia.
* It is a woman who brings her pump to work so that she can get another month of nursing in, even though she is back to work.
* It is a woman who celebrates their families amazing accomplishments, but sometimes forgets to celebrate herself.
* It is a woman who is the rock of stability for her family and friends, but cant hold back the tears while watching the Publix holiday commercials.
* It is a woman who knows what she wants, but sometimes gets lost along the way.
* It is a woman who wants to be Strong and Fit, but is feeling a little overwhelmed and intimidated.
These are the women that wake up each day ready to take on the world. They are the reason I do what I do. I want to reach out to all of these women and tell them that they CAN! They CAN be Strong and Fit! They CAN be proud of their pregnant & post-baby bodies! They CAN walk taller and stand up straighter! They CAN fit exercise & strength training into their lives! They CAN be positive examples for their children! They CAN!
We are ALL Strong and Fit Moms! Be proud!