I am sure there are many of you out there who will understand these few (BUT IMPORTANT) rules to remember when you are at the gym. For those of you that don’t understand these rules or may have issue with one or more…email me for further explanation.
Gym Etiquette: Top Ten Do’s & Don’ts
1. I am here to work out, not to chat or small talk. I have 9000 things to get done today. DO NOT MESS UP my finely tuned schedule!
2. Wipe off your gross sweat! I think it is nasty that you think others won’t mind.
3. Get off the phone and Ellipticise!
4. Put your shirt back on. You are at the gym not the beach. (unless you are David Beckham)
5. Don’t throw the weights like you are Arnold when you are done with your set.
6. I agree there needs to be some rest between sets. While I am waiting and you are small talking with the other guy about the recent trade of Peyton to the Broncos and I am STILL waiting.
7. If you don’t know how to do an exercise, ask a staffer at the gym. Don’t do an exercise incorrectly. You can get hurt or be a bad example for others.
8. If I have earphones in my ears, take it as a hint that I am not here to small talk and want to be left alone. I can spot you, or help you if you need it, but let me get back to my exercising.
9. Don’t take all of the weights you will need over the next 45 minutes over to your spot. Please share them with the rest of us & return them when you are finished. Walk the 5 feet to trade weights & catch your breath.
10. Be aware of those around you! Respect space, privacy, and share the gym.
We can all workout together!