* Don’t over indulge in liquid calories, enjoy your vacation & family, but remember those are empty calories.
* Be careful around the apps/snacks out at parties and before he meal is served. Grab a plate and try the foods, but don’t stand next to the cheese dip and chat with a long lost cousin. You may finish the whole bowl without realizing it.
* Volunteer to bring a healthy side dish. At least you know the dish you brought is good for you and won’t ruin your diet.
* Eat breakfast & lunch before Thanksgiving dinner. If you skip these meals, I can almost guarantee you will overeat at the big family meal!
* Taste it all, but watch your portions.
* Wait 10 minutes before you go in for seconds. Let your brain catch up to your stomach in order to know when you are full.
* Eat dessert if you like it, if it’s not worth it, don’t eat it. Keep the portion small and enjoy every bite!
* Earn your treat foods – Exercise! Exercise! Exercise! Don’t obsess about it…run, jog, walk, go to the gym, etc…just move! Look on Active.com to see if there is a Turkey Trot Run where you will be spending the holidays!!
* Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!