Summer can be a tough time to stay active. With vacations, day drinking, & kids home, many people find summer a time of weight gain. Here are some tips to keep up your activity in a hectic day!
- Take the Stairs
- Park further away from the grocery store
- Take a lap around the entire mall before and after you shop
- Walk throughout your office rather than emailing or texting coworkers
- Get off the subway or bus one or two stops before and walk the rest of the way
- Walk around, up/down stairs, do squats or hold a wall squat while on a phone call or conference call
- Take the groceries in one bag at a time or take the laundry to rooms one group of clothing at a time
- Wash your car yourself (let the kids help!)
- Sit on a stability ball at your desk (work your core throughout the day)
- Play outside with your kids (tag, sports, hide and seek)
10 minutes every day can make a BIG difference!
Reduce stress, feel more fit, relax and have fun!
What everyday fitness activities do you enjoy?